The mission of the Johnston Vocal Parents Association (Johnston VPA) is to provide assistance and resources for our Johnston High School and Johnston Middle School Vocal Music programs, students and the vocal music directors with the purpose of promoting excellence in our educational music programs. The directors and VPA work collaboratively to achieve this mission.
Here are just a few things that the Johnston VPA does:
- Contribute over 4,000 hours of volunteer time to the Vocal Music programs.
- Raise money for the Johnston High School and Johnston Middle School Vocal Music Departments through events such as SHOWZAM!, our annual show choir invitational and primary fundraiser.
- Organize and operate The Madrigal Dinner.
- Organize and staff special events (Large Group Contest, Honor Choirs, etc.).
- Fit students for choir robes and costumes.
- Organize chaperones for choir trips.
- Help with communication about upcoming needs and events.
- Donated almost $25,000 towards new pianos for the Johnston Middle School and Johnston High School Vocal Music program
VPA meetings are open to any parent or care-giver of a JHS or JMS vocal music student. The meetings typically are held the first Monday of each month, August through June, at 6:00 p.m. in the rooms adjacent to the JHS choir rooms (meeting dates and times). If you have a special talent you’d like to use to benefit our programs, please click on the Volunteers link and fill out the information.